I'm currently in front of 20 computers and i don't know which one is mine!
I try the beep command but i can't hear any sound...any ideas?
Answer 1 :
Ejecting the CD drive was a solution and also stressing the computer to hear the fans scream!
Answer 2 :
- Eject the cd/dvd drive
- Stress the CPU - listen for fan sound.
- Download a large file, seeing which HDD light stays on.
- If you have access to a switch - check the mac address table to see where it's plugged in
- Power it off!
- using dmidecode see which serial it is, check the serials on the physical machines.
- Turn the monitors on/off or screensaver on/off
- xmessage to the screen.
- aplay to play something via speakers/headphones
Answer 3 :
If on Linux, run the following :
sudo apt-get install fancontrol pwmconfig
It will turn all fans on to full speed, and you should be able to locate the PC.see more about it here.